The HSE Manager is responsible for the implementation, coordination and administration of the Company’s Health & Safety programs. He/she will provide subject matter expertise, process checks, and safety advocacy in the construction industry.
Operating Skills: Technical Credibility
People Management: Encouraging Accountability
Personal Attributes: Handling Difficult Issues
Relationship Skills: Relationship Building / Networking
Building Organizational Commitment
- Oversee Field Safety via effective application of risk management and loss prevention practices
- Provide and/or coordinate safety training
- Conduct safety related investigations
- Assure compliance with applicable State, Federal, Company, and Customer health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Serve as a member of the safety leadership team
- Implementation, Coordination and Administration of Company’s Health & Safety Programs in accordance with local, state, Federal, Company and Customer rules and regulations.
- Advises HSE Director on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employee in work site safety practices and evaluates employee training needs.
- Responds to and investigate post-incident investigations, and near misses and prepares report identifying possible root cause analysis to determine preventability or process improvement.
- Assists with compliance of Customer Safety requirements.
- Monitors Field Staff regarding safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. Oversee, monitor and coach Field Team
- Promotes cross-group effectiveness with the ability to maintain a balance between Teamwork and Safety Compliance.
- Prepares and coordinates safety meetings, including Safety Committee, focusing on safety topics, accident prevention, current processes and procedures, including new hire and refresher orientation.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to the HSE Director and Executive Management Team and provide internal consulting, advising and guidance.
- Support project management in the development of site specific safety plans.
- Ensure that subcontractors have submitted project specific safety plans as required
- Work with internal groups to update and maintain safety and health requirements in contract master agreements
- Train and advise Health and Safety staff to guide construction, site, and program leadership with proper and legal abatement and environmental cleanup activities in the field
- Monitor and continuously evaluate effective strategies to reduce corporate EMR
- Maintain and ensure all corporate, local and state storm water management permits and best practices
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from Executive Management, Field Managers, Field Supervisors, Clients & subcontractors.
- Any other reasonable request or task assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field or related equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of safety experience within the construction industry
- Ability to travel to jobsites
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) in the construction industry.
- 10 years’ Field Experience in the construction, specifically concrete and/or hospital work or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a supervisory or management level position directly managing subordinates and subcontractors
GH Phipps Construction Companies
One of the largest, most successful construction companies in the Colorado region, GH Phipps is known for its work in the healthcare, education, civic, science and technology, religious and commercial arenas. Our clients expect buildings they’ll be proud to own – and we’ll be proud to claim the fingerprints we’ve left on them.
At GH Phipps, who we are is the key to what we do and how we do it. GH Phipps is about genuine people making genuine progress: We do what we say we’ll do, and we live the concept of teamwork. Today, more than three-fourths of our business comes from repeat clients, who know that our employee-owners are responsible for upholding a tradition of excellence, accountability and integrity. After all, we’ve been building Colorado’s skyline – and long-term client relationships -- since 1952.
Over GH Phipps's first decade, we have grown to establish an office in Fort Collins, Colorado and two offices in Laramie and Sheridan, Wyoming.
Some of the most notable awards we have won include:
- 2016 Associated General Contractors National Award for Construction Safety Excellence for General Contractor in the 400,000 to 600,000 Hours Category (Silver)
- 2015 Associated General Contractors of Colorado Project of the Year (Under $10 Million), General Contractor
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
- 2015 AIA Colorado Design Awards, Merit Award
State Capitol Dome Restoration
- 2015 ENR Mountain States Overall Best Regional Project, and First Place Finalist in the Cultural/Worship category
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
We have been ranked #8 on 2015 list of top Front Range general contractors from The Denver Business Journal.
We have also been ranked #269 on the list of Top 400 Contractors by ENR.
Company Website: ghphipps.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)