SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Project Engineer provides organizational support to the Project Manager, Estimator and various Field Foreman as directed and facilitates planning and coordination of project activities. Works directly with Project Manager to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget. Supports project schedule by maintaining communications and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure required submittals, materials, RFI’s, change orders and other documentation/reports are completed accurately in a timely manner. Position requires effective teamwork with Concrete Superintendent and Foreman, Preconstruction Department and project management team.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Study and understand project drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Solicit, review and expedite submittals.
- Utilize Bluebeam to the greatest extents for all project document control and effective management of submittals or other essential job site documentation files.
- Create material delivery schedules; track and expedite material deliveries to support schedule.
- Review and expedite RFI’s for approval and processing.
- Be involved in the change management process; create and review pricing, execute Change Orders
- Understand and support jobsite safety requirements.
- Understand and implement the Quality Assurance Program.
- Prepare As-Built drawings and specifications. Keep field drawings/specifications up-to-date with requirements to utilize Bluebeam for all project document control processes.
- Fully utilize CMiC for essential project management functions and assist with field management
- Assist the PM in work production tracking and communicating this progress with the Field Foreman.
- Assist with job set-up, project meetings, safety, record-keeping and quality control.
- Assist the Concrete Team’s preconstruction and estimating efforts as required and become familiar with typical concrete systems cost structures.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field required.
- Three to four (3-4) years' experience working on construction, engineering or equivalent projects that involve concrete operations is required.
- Familiarity with structural cast-in-place concrete operations is preferred.
- Dependable, results-focused and ethical
- Verifiable work references and a strong work history reflecting strong communication skills
- Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability status including pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GH Phipps Construction Companies
One of the largest, most successful construction companies in the Colorado region, GH Phipps is known for its work in the healthcare, education, civic, science and technology, religious and commercial arenas. Our clients expect buildings they’ll be proud to own – and we’ll be proud to claim the fingerprints we’ve left on them.
At GH Phipps, who we are is the key to what we do and how we do it. GH Phipps is about genuine people making genuine progress: We do what we say we’ll do, and we live the concept of teamwork. Today, more than three-fourths of our business comes from repeat clients, who know that our employee-owners are responsible for upholding a tradition of excellence, accountability and integrity. After all, we’ve been building Colorado’s skyline – and long-term client relationships -- since 1952.
Over GH Phipps's first decade, we have grown to establish an office in Fort Collins, Colorado and two offices in Laramie and Sheridan, Wyoming.
Some of the most notable awards we have won include:
- 2016 Associated General Contractors National Award for Construction Safety Excellence for General Contractor in the 400,000 to 600,000 Hours Category (Silver)
- 2015 Associated General Contractors of Colorado Project of the Year (Under $10 Million), General Contractor
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
- 2015 AIA Colorado Design Awards, Merit Award
State Capitol Dome Restoration
- 2015 ENR Mountain States Overall Best Regional Project, and First Place Finalist in the Cultural/Worship category
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
We have been ranked #8 on 2015 list of top Front Range general contractors from The Denver Business Journal.
We have also been ranked #269 on the list of Top 400 Contractors by ENR.
Company Website: ghphipps.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)