SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of jobsite management including staffing, scheduling, and business partner/subcontractor relations. As site leader, Superintendent effectively oversees project from award through completion. The successful candidate will have extensive industry experience that demonstrates excellent understanding of the unique needs and requirements of clients, projects, departments and systems. Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred.
- Professionally represents GH Phipps and effectively supports Company strategic initiatives
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of commercial construction and exceptional jobsite management skills; Delivers on key projects and commitments via professional knowledge and leadership abilities
- Fosters positive long-term relationships with subcontractors and business partners
- Possesses detailed process & application knowledge relating to building codes, budget management, construction practices, project scheduling etc.
- Ensures on-time delivery while maintaining team focus on safety, quality and budget
- Fully understands and effectively utilizes drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements and purchase orders
- Works with Project Manager to effectively manage delivery schedules and change management process
- Leads, implements and enforces jobsite safety requirements and GH Phipps Quality Assurance Program
- Leads and/or assists with job set-up, communications, safety compliance, record-keeping, QC and closeout
- Supports direct reports through regular communication; Develops competencies and skill sets via active engagement in performance management process, employee development and problem-solving
- Travels to jobsites, meeting and client locations as needed in support of employees, clients, project team, etc.
- Assist with miscellaneous department duties and team initiatives as needed
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (unless otherwise noted):
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- At least ten (10) years’ experience with project leadership in commercial construction including strong background in mid-size to large-scale construction projects ($50 million plus) with proven ability to manage renovation projects of greater than $20 million; Experience in Healthcare, K-12, Higher Ed and/or Multi-Family Residential highly preferred
- Key competencies, skills and certifications:
- Professional, dependable and ethical
- Results-focused; Able to effectively delegate and follow-up
- Organizational and planning skills; Able to effectively allocate and develop resources
- Leadership, coaching and communication skills(verbal and written); Builds rapport and negotiates skillfully
- Technical skills: Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, CMiC and various systems
- OSHA 10-Hour certification required; 30-hour preferred
- Verifiable work history/references demonstrating excellent contributions, skills and integrity
- Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens
GH Phipps Construction Companies
One of the largest, most successful construction companies in the Colorado region, GH Phipps is known for its work in the healthcare, education, civic, science and technology, religious and commercial arenas. Our clients expect buildings they’ll be proud to own – and we’ll be proud to claim the fingerprints we’ve left on them.
At GH Phipps, who we are is the key to what we do and how we do it. GH Phipps is about genuine people making genuine progress: We do what we say we’ll do, and we live the concept of teamwork. Today, more than three-fourths of our business comes from repeat clients, who know that our employee-owners are responsible for upholding a tradition of excellence, accountability and integrity. After all, we’ve been building Colorado’s skyline – and long-term client relationships -- since 1952.
Over GH Phipps's first decade, we have grown to establish an office in Fort Collins, Colorado and two offices in Laramie and Sheridan, Wyoming.
Some of the most notable awards we have won include:
- 2016 Associated General Contractors National Award for Construction Safety Excellence for General Contractor in the 400,000 to 600,000 Hours Category (Silver)
- 2015 Associated General Contractors of Colorado Project of the Year (Under $10 Million), General Contractor
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
- 2015 AIA Colorado Design Awards, Merit Award
State Capitol Dome Restoration
- 2015 ENR Mountain States Overall Best Regional Project, and First Place Finalist in the Cultural/Worship category
Denver Botanic Gardens Science Pyramid
We have been ranked #8 on 2015 list of top Front Range general contractors from The Denver Business Journal.
We have also been ranked #269 on the list of Top 400 Contractors by ENR.
Company Website: ghphipps.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)